HP Envy 5055 Printer Installing a Mac Driver Using Apple Software
Update your HP Envy 5055 software in a snap when you update software for your MAC!
Generally, you can download the updated drivers for HP Envy 5055 printer from the website 123.hp.com/envy5055. Now, you can update the existing envy 5055 printer software by updating your Apple software. It is as easy as you update regular system OS software. This will now take much of your time. However, there are few things to be noted to complete the process successfully.
Tricks and tips for successful driver update:
- Connect your HP Envy 5055 printer to your MAC through a USB cable. This will secure the connection for hassle-free updates.
- Ensure your printer is in the ready state without any error codes or messages displaying on the screen.
- If needed, connect your MAC directly wired to your router than through the wireless network.
MAC Software updates vs. HP Driver Update:
Now update the HP Envy 5055 Printer driver at ease when you update the MAC Software. On connecting your 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer with a USB cable, you can see a pop up on the screen. If you have an existing version of the driver, you will see a printer queue and a driver update alert message.
- Check if your MAC device pops any message for updating 123 hp’setup printer driver. If not, you can add your printer to the queue manually.
- Click on the Apple icon and Go to System Preferences. Now, Under Hardware go to Printers & Devices.
- Now check if your hp envy 5055 printer name is in the queue. If not, click on the “+” icon and add it manually.
- Then click on the Apple icon again and go to Software updates. Here your MAC will list the updates available both for your printer and MAC device.
- Run the update process and restart the device when your MAC prompts to.
Why Driver update through MAC update:
- For updating 123.hp.com/setup envy 5055 printer drivers normally, you need to visit the direct link. There, you should identify the right OS of your MAC. Then choose between the basic set and the full set of drivers.
- This is kind of a tedious process and the chance of facing any error message is a little high in that method.
- Here, in this method, the device will detect the next version of the driver and software for you. This is a hassle-free technique to get the right set of drivers directly to your MAC through MAC OS.
- This reduces the risk of getting any older version or wrong drive which your MAC is not compatible with. What if there is an error code or message during the installation process?
- There are times where you may face difficulties during the process. Some examples of such spots are:
- Your MAC and Printer not getting connected through a USB. The printer displays an error code on turning it on. The driver installation process stopped with an error message.
If you face any issue during the entire process of driver update using the Software update, connect with our tech experts for more help.